To publicly recognize the importance and visibility of school nurse administrators by annually honoring one School Nurse Administrator of the Year in Colorado who has demonstrated excellence in leadership and support of school nurses.
Colorado Association of School Nurses
• Nominee must be:
• A registered professional nurse.
• Bachelor degree or higher
• A member of NASN for the current and preceding five years. The preceding five years must be continuous (without lapse in membership).
Suggested Guidelines for Affiliate School Nurse Administrator of the Year
1. Nominee should have completed five years’ experience in school health, and currently practice full-time and have as their main responsibility the supervision, administration, and coordination of nursing service and health programs
2. Evidence of excellence in school nursing administration is judged by the nominee’s abilities in the areas of Leadership, Vision, Community Partnership, Innovation and Support of Nursing in an educational system. Guidelines are also available at: ANA Scope and Standards for Nurse Administrators.
How to Submit an Application
All applications must be submitted online. No other mode of application will be accepted. Nominations may be submitted by another nurse, a principal, a director or a parent.
Copyright © 2016 - Colorado Association of School Nurses