Award Criteria/Guidelines 2014
Each year the Colorado Association of School Nurses is proud to recognize outstanding individuals in the following categories:
School Nurse of the Year
School Nurse Administrator of the Year
School Nurse Advocate of the Year
School Nurse Legislator of the Year.
Nominations will be accepted from April 1 through April 22, 2014.
7630 S. Newport Ct
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Process for Selecting Recipients of Awards
- Nominations will be submitted on a CASN nomination form along with a letter citing reasons for nomination.
- The nominations will be reviewed for complete information.
- SNOY and SNAOY candidates will be contacted to submit a curriculum vitae and evidence supporting the standards of school nursing practice/nurse administrator.
- A committee will be selected to include Past President (chairman of the selection committee), President, President Elect, and the NASN director. The applications will be reviewed using the NASN guidelines.
- The recommendation of the committee will be submitted to the Executive Board.
- Executive Board will vote to accept the recommendations and the awards will be announced on National School Nurse’s Day, May 7, 2014.
For questions please contact:
Teresa Ross MSN, RN, NCSN
CASN Past President